Monday, February 19, 2007

stubbs the camellia

Here is the first full blossom on the camellia that John and I planted in our yard this past October. Our fantastic cat, Stubbs--a beautiful manx who adopted us when we were living in our apartment--had just suddently and inexplicably died, and we felt that beneath this camellia plant would be a fitting burial spot for her. The camellia has sported bulging buds for the past several weeks, and I worried that the freeze would kill them off, but not only has the camellia survived, the buds are now opening, and these gorgeous white blooms are appearing.

I used my cell phone camera (I still don't have a digital camera) to take this picture, and I used blogger's mobile phone blogging feature to send it along to my blog. So I'm feeling particularly shrewd today. Apart from that, I've excavated my desk, and for the first time in months, I'm able to sit on a chair and type at my computer like someone concerned about his posture.

I hope everyone is having an enjoyable President's Day holiday. To cap it off, join me this evening for my stint on the Evening Eclectic (90.7 FM for Fresno area folks or www.kfsr.org to stream it live).

No comments: