Monday, August 11, 2008

PR, episode 4


Observations about last week's show:

1.) Suede and Blayne weren't as annoying as they've been, but I still haven't warmed up to them. The best thing that could happen to Blayne would be his being prevented from entering another tanning salon. Ever. Again.
2.) Daniel probably should have gone home for that sad cocktail dress, but it was only a matter of time before Jennifer got the boot. And she still keeps yammering on about her "surrealism"!?!? Someone needs to sit her down for a little Art History 101. Cutsey-wootsey is not surreal, Jennifer. And your insisting upon that point will never make it so.
3.) Joe revealed himself to be a real manbitch: first he got strangely territorial about the sewing machines, and then he complained about all the "queens" he had to work with. Joe, on this show, homophobia is the quickest way to alienate the judges, your fellow contestants and your viewers, so if that's what you're after, keep it up.
4.) However, Joe's skort was OK. It's true that it had a length problem as Michael Kors noted, and I thought writing "USA" on the front was overkill. Plus the lettering was in an ugly font. I'm glad he didn't win because all of his "Oh, I do sportswear," and "Only I understand sportswear," and "Sportswear is my middle name," and "Bring it on!" was getting really irritating.
5.) Jerrell: wtf???
6.) Kelli: wtf???
7.) Bettie Page: she's going to work every last nerve with that loathsome giggle.
8.) Korto's outfit was good, but not stunning. It was fine, and it probably deserved to win. Then again, nobody produced a stunning number for this challenge. I'm glad she won because I like her: I think she's both entertaining and talented.
9.) There was a tantalizing flare up between Terry and Keith, but it went nowhere. I have a feeling that much of this season's "drama" is going to work along those lines.
10.) It's really time the contestants stop saying "I have no idea where we're going!" at the outset of each challenge. It's like that person at the movie theater who sits behind you and observes, "Oh look! Now he's got a gun!" Stating the obvious makes you look stupid. Then again, I'll bet the show's producers insist on that, asking the contestants, "So, where do you think you're going?"
11.) Nina was right on last night. I love it when the camera first catches her and she has this look on her face that says, "You're all going down."
12.) Apolo Ohno was cute.

1 comment:

Kathee said...

So glad you're blogging about this. Please continue, so that when I'm in Norway I can know what's going on!

One of the designers should have done a red, white, and blue cow print jacket. And you should have been the runway model!

I leave Sun a.m. Call me when you get back from camping!