Tuesday, July 26, 2005

pumice

Sooo, does anyone else find pumice to be addictive? Recently I picked up a pumice stone from Orchard Supply Hardware, because our tub has some pretty reisty stains: rust, paint, hard water/mineral, soap scum, etc. And our toilet has this perennial ring around the bowl thing going on. Anyway, so I got this brand that touts itself as "Lady's Little Helper" (or something to that effect), and started to do some scourin'. Well let me tell you what: this shit is the shit. I can't stop scrubbing. It's like crack. I'm in the shower, and there's my pumice stone in the soap holder, and I see a new bit o' scum that needs disappearing, and I'm down on my buck-ass naked hands and knees scrubbing away. The toilet is now presentable. Like females could actually go in there and relieve themselves now. Everytime I head into the bathroom, I eye that stone through the corner of my eye, and I thnk, I could scrub just a little more...

I effused over the new Lemon Jelly in the last post, and now that I heard the entire album, I just want to reiterate: '64-'95 is dope. My favorite tracks include "Come Down on Me," "the Shouty Track," "Slow Train," and the crazy-assed William Shatner-infused "Go." I've read that people find it kin to the Chemical Brothers, but I find it more trance-like. I want to say Play-era Moby, but that's not quite it either. Anyway, it's a wall o' sound that you won't mind closing in on you.

3 comments:

lecram sinun said...

Yeah, the joys of the pumice stone! I discovered it about 10 years ago... and have never looked back.

ScarySquirrelMan said...

dude um you got some? i can pay you in a couple of days really can i get a little bit now dude? i'm hurtin bad.

jade ed girl said...

I've been lookin' everywhere for one of those! I even bought one with a cute purple foot on one side (it's supposed to be for foot scrubbing) and broke of the toes so I could try to use it, but that just didn't work. I'm going to OSH tomorrow.