Sunday, May 13, 2007

fried anything


Today John and I hitched a ride with Donald and Shane as they drove the Wildflower Trail, which wends its way from Clovis up to Shaver Lake and back (basically western Fresno county for you foreigners). We stopped off at the Hungry Hut in Shaver to have a snack. Shane ordered the mac 'n' cheese bites, which are, essentially, triangular wedges of macaroni and cheese that are dipped in batter and deep fried. Shane decided they were inedible, so I ate them. Up. Having ordered a corn dog and fried zucchini sticks, I'm now feeling rather unvirtuous.

But the fried mac 'n' cheese things weren't that bad. I'm determined to try those fried oreos and fried twinkies that I hear so much about. Only a few months until State Fair season, so watch out arteries!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really can't believe you ate fried mac and cheese. What's next? Deep fried french fries? I hope you ate kale later on that day to balance it out.

Captain Whiffle said...

or...deep fried kale...