Monday, February 18, 2008

playlist, feb. 18, 2007

The Velvet Underground - "I'm Sticking With You"
Spoon - "The Ghost of You Lingers"
Black Mountain - "Queens Will Play"
Was (Not Was) - "Wheel Me Out"
M.I.A. - "Paper Planes" (DFA Remix)
diskJokke - "Some Signs Are Good"
Blondie - "Heart of Glass"
Kien Lim - "Only If"
The Avett Brothers - "Paranoia in B-Flat Major"
Jnny Lewis with the Watson Twins - "Run Devil Run / The Big Guns"
Cat Power - "Lost Someone"
Kelley Stoltz - "Your Reverie"
Modeselektor - "Let Your Love Grow"
Beirut - "Nantes"
Jens Lekman - "Your Arms Around Me"
Belle & Sebastian - "Sleep the Clock Around"
The Smiths - "The Headmaster Ritual"
British Sea Power - "Down on the Ground"
Blake Jones & the Trike Shop - "Virginia Woolf"
David Byrne - "Ex-Guru"
Snowden - "Like Bullets"
Sunny Day Set Fire - "Stranger" (CSS "Wilderness" Remix)
Yellow Magic Orchestra - "Seoul Music"
Neneh Cherry - "I've Got U Under My Skin"
William Shatner - "Common People"
Vampire Weekend - "M79"
Born Ruffians - "Red Yellow & Blue"
Xiu Xiu [feat. Michael Gira] - "Under Pressure"
Helio Sequence - "Keep Your Eyes Ahead"
P.O.S. [feat. Craig Finn] - "Safety in Speed (Heavy Metal)"
Common - "Be"
Odd Nosdam - "The Kill Tone Two"
DJ Bitman [feat. Juan Sativo] - "La Raza"
The Raveonettes - "Lust"
Beach House - "Wedding Bell"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool on the "common people" track.
Did I tell you my William Shatner music story?
The family and I were trekking (wait, poor choice of words)...traveling through
WA,OR,NorCal for a bit last summer. We stopped in a place just north of Oregon---Longview. They have this old , very cool hotel there. The orig. hotel is mostly business offices now, but the adjoining is an add-on 'motel'--sort of 40's50's era..but very cool--wood beam ceilings...kind of a motel that Frank Sinatra or Desi Arnez would've stayed in if they ever stayed at 'motels'. So, the kids are settled, and the wife and I go next door into the hotel's bar to relax and have a ..how do you say?:
nightcap.
The small bar is not super- crowded, but there's plenty of locals looking like they're meeting friends, etc.Very sort of down-home working-class Oregon feel.
There's a jukebox with a gazillion songs--I'm thinking mp3's. It's playing very quietly.
I have to see what's all on there.
I see the William Shatner song.
I pop in my coins.
and DANG is it SUDDENLY very VERY loud! and I'm standing right next to the jukebox, and it's not...well, maybe not the standard fare for Longview--and I'm feeling very self-concious. The waitress was very sweet and nice though.
"That sure is a nice song, honey". I sort of had to say...'yeah, 'member Star Trek?'

Anonymous said...

Sorry, that was probably the 'longest blog comment ever' (laughs)---but you must admit, it is a moderately interesting story!