Monday, January 08, 2007

Best Albums of 2006

Tonight I'll be playing songs from my favorite albums of 2006. Here is my best-of list, which I post with reservations, as I could change my mind about these at any time.

40. Lil Wayne - Dedication 2
39. Camera Obscura - Let's Get Out of This Country
38. Gnarls Barkley - St. Elsewhere
37. Boris - Pink
36. Ghostface Killah - Fishscale
35. M. Ward - Post-War
34. Goldfrapp - Supernature
33. Sparks - Hello Young Lovers
32. The Hold Steady - Boys and Girls in America
31. Howe Gelb - 'Sno Angel Like You
30. Casey Deinel - Wind-Up Canary
29. Saint Etienne - Tales from Turnpike House
28. Grizzly Bear - Yellow House
27. Planningtorock - Have It All
26. Califone - Roots & Crowns
25. The Gossip - Standing in the Way of Control
24. Herbert - Scale
23. The DFA Remixes, Chapter One and LCD Soundsystem - 45:33
22. Beirut - The Gulag Orkestar
21. Jim Noir - Tower of Love
20. Thom Yorke - The Eraser
19. Hot Chip - The Warning
18. Belle & Sebastian - The Life Pursuit
17. Neko Case - Fox Confessor Brings the Flood
16. The Decemberists - The Crane Wife
15. P.O.S. - Audition
14. Yo La Tengo - I Am Not Afraid of You and I Will Beat Your Ass
13. Basement Jaxx - Crazy Itch Radio
12. Xiu Xiu - The Air Force
11.Asobi Seksu - Citrus
10. The Beatles -Love
9. Cat Power - The Greatest
8. Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins - Rabbit Fur Coat
7. Circlesquare - Fight Sounds
6. Joanna Newsom - Ys
5. Girl Talk - Night Ripper
4. TV on the Radio - Return to Cookie Mountain
3. The Knife - Silent Shout
2. Spank Rock - YoYoYoYoYoYo
1. Final Fantasy - He Poos Clouds

Edit--Overlooked albums that I should work in somehwere:

The Fiery Furnaces - Bitter Tea
Matmos
- The Rose Has Teeth in the Mouth of the Beast
Arthur Russell - Springfield
Subtle - For Hero: For Fool

1 comment:

Pollypickles said...

I am so happy you posted this list. I am always scrambling to find and download tunes from my emusic subscription before they expire. Thanks to you, I have downloaded Yo La Tengo, Cat Power and the Gossip based on your great taste in music. Keep telling me about more....your hard thinking and research about this stuff prevents me from having to do it myself. Love you!!